Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Narf?

Say what you will about the slowdown in the type of environmental stuff I usually do, it's been a good opportunity to learn to do other kinds of stuff. Stormwater plans might be deadly boring, but it's educational. We're still trucking with the motorsports park-- against the expectations of a bunch of self-described 'experts' from Boston, we produced something that MEPA loves, and I think I did a really good job of telling the Pioneer Valley Planning Commission to bugger off. (As an aside-- using big-lot zoning requirements as an attempt to control urban sprawl? Stupid. That just means more land cleared per house.) On the downside, I think I made Gary the Engineer cry or something-- he hadn't read the permit requirement for the septic system, and I pointed out how much stuff we had to do for that.


Incidentally, guess which particular job floated back to the surface today, like a turd that refuses to go down with the flush? That's right, the glove factory. Nevermind that we haven't heard a peep from the client on this job since December, and that he still owes everyone money..... The hilarity is, I had a shortcut to the report folder on my desktop for quick access, and this guy called up about resurrecting the job not FIVE MINUTES after I deleted said shortcut to clean things up.

Speaking of turds and unpleasantness.....

I really wish Hilary would just admit it and quit.... this 'refusal to admit defeat' thing is getting embarassing, and the sheer amount of lying, obfuscation, bad-mouthing, rule-twisting, and hypocrisy in the Clinton campaign isn't doing anyone any good-- she's made herself look like a Republican in a very real sense. The last two or three months from her may as well have been photocopied out of Karl Rove's playbook. Face it. YOU LOST.

Face it, Hilary..... Just because Bill was president for eight years does NOT entitle you to hold the same office.

No comments: